The International Food Additives Council (IFAC) was formed in 1980 and as a result, one industry trade publication wrote, The International Food Additives Council is “an association for a group of manufacturers that desperately need it – a group of manufacturers who are regulated more strictly than almost any group in the food industry…” and is more evident today than ever.
IFAC membership benefits your company by:
- Serving the interest of the food additive and ingredient producer and being the eyes, ears and voice of the food additive and ingredient-producing industry.
- Keeping your company current on technical, legislative and regulatory food additive and ingredient regulations, standards, specifications and purity criteria.
- Participating in development of local, national and international food additive and ingredient regulations, standards, specifications and purity criteria.
- Being the voice that is known and respected by national and international regulatory authorities
- By having Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) states with the Codex Alimentarius Food Standards Program.
- Participation in harmonization of regulations and standards applying to food additives and ingredients with membership in the ELC and working directly with the China National Institute of Health and Food Safety.
IFAC membership is open to any corporation, partnership or other business engaged in the manufacture of food ingredients or any business or business association having an interest in food ingredients shall be eligible for membership.
Primary - Corporations, partnerships or other businesses engaged in the manufacture of food ingredients, either direct or indirect, are eligible for Primary Membership by the Board of Directors.
Associate Member - any businesses or business associations which are engaged in the operations associated with, related to, or interested in, the food ingredients industry and elected or appointed to Associate Membership by the Board of Directors.
Contributing Non-Member - any corporation, partnership, or other businesses engaged in the manufacture of food ingredients or any business or business association having an interest in food ingredients which wishes to support of the Association.
IFAC dues for manufacturers engaged in the manufacture of food additives, either direct or indirect or based on United States sales of the above products. Dues are based on a sliding schedule that reflects a minimum and maximum fee on sales.
IFAC dues for businesses or business associations, which are not manufacturers of food additives but are engaged in operations associated with, related to, or interested in the food additives industry are a set amount.
Your company can apply or request further information on IFAC membership by calling or e-mailing: